Annual Outputs & Market Shares for 2022 now Available!

The annual suite of industry focused ‘outputs and market share reports’ for 2022 are now available from BDS, these include:

  • Estimated Outputs of Pits & Quarries and Marine Wharves in Great Britain. The report identifies over 700 aggregate sites with BDS estimating the total primary aggregate market for 2022 to be ~177 million tonnes. Crushed rock contributed a share of 66% with the remainder divided between land-won sand & gravel (26%) and marine won sand & gravel (8%).
  • Estimated Outputs of Asphalt Plants in Great Britain. In 2022 the asphalt market in Great Britain was estimated to be ~28 million tonnes. Over 30 companies and nearly 250 asphalt plants were identified in the latest report.
  • Estimated Outputs of Ready Mix Concrete Companies in Great Britain. In 2022, BDS estimate the outputs of ready-mix concrete plants in Great Britain to be ~23.7 million mᵌ. Batching plants contributed a share of 89.6% with the remainder accountable to mobile batching plants.
  • Estimated Movements of Aggregates from Rail Depots in Great Britain BDS estimated there were over 80 rail depots operational in Great Britain in 2022 receiving more than 21 million tonnes of aggregates.

BDS produced a suite of three Concrete Product Output Reports:

  • Estimated Outputs of Concrete Building Block Plants in Great Britain – In 2022, BDS estimate the concrete building block market in Great Britain to be ~75 million m² with aggregate building blocks contributing a share of 71% and the remainder (29%) accountable to aircrete building blocks.
  • Estimated Outputs of Concrete Block Paving Plants in Great Britain – In 2022, BDS identified 33 concrete block paving plants operating in Great Britain with an estimated total market value of ~15 million m².
  • Estimated Outputs of Concrete Paving Slab Plants in Great Britain – BDS estimate the concrete paving slab market for 2022 to be ~16 million m² accountable from 50 plants operating in Great Britain.

To purchase a copy of any of the above reports please email